Frank J. Twarog
Frank joined the firm in 2002, concentrating in Federal and State Federal Criminal Defense, Divorce and Family, Personal Injury and representation of UVM students in their Judicial Affairs Hearings. As co-counsel with Kurt Hughes, Frank is perhaps the youngest criminal defense attorney in Vermont to successfully defend a client charged with first-degree murder. This trial is particularly memorable because it was also his first criminal jury trial. In 2009, he served as the youngest President of the Vermont Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the same year he was declared one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
In 2010, Frank became one of only four attorneys in Vermont to be admitted into the prestigious National College for DUI Defense, a nationwide organization comprised of only the most actively engaged defense attorneys in that practice area. In addition, 2010 marked the year of his admission into the country’s premier bar association, the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, as well as the year that Frank was selected as an outstanding young attorney, having been designated a "Rising Star" by the peer-review organization, New England Super Lawyers.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2002
- University of Vermont, B.A., 1995
- Supreme Court of the State of Vermont, 2002
- United States District Court, District of Vermont, 2002
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
Memberships, Affiliations and Publications
- Chittenden County Bar Association (CCBA)
- Vermont Bar Association (VBA)
- Young Lawyer's Division, Vermont Bar Association (Past Board Member)
- Vermont Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (VTACDL) (Past President and current Vice President)
- Vermont Association for Justice (VTAJ)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Selected by Law & Politics and his peers for inclusion in SuperLawyers Rising Stars List in the area of Criminal Defense.